If you need some help or are having technical dificulties please take a second to fill out this form and someone will get back to you.
Help Form Submitted
The help form has been submitted. Someone will be in contact with you shortly to resolve this issue. If you have further questions or need more information, please email email@example.com. Thank you for your understanding.
Enter your contact info below, and we'll let you know when your video's posted. Don't worry—we won't use it for any other purposes, and that means no spam!
The VideoGenie platform works smoothly for most users, but every now and then, someone will hit a problem recording or uploading. We hope these tips help -- if not, our contact information is included, please let us know!Recording
To record a video, you'll need to have a webcam or camcorder attached to your computer. Please also make sure you are using the latest versions of your browser (we support IE, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari), and the latest version of Adobe Flash.
When you're finished recording, you can review your video by clicking the "Play" button. Click the "Next" button if you're satisfied with your video, or click the "Re-Record" button if you'd like to try recording it again. You can re-record your videos as many times as you'd like!
When you click the "Submit" button, your video is uploaded to VideoGenie. The VideoGenie client running the campaign will be notified of your submission by email, and will review to make sure it matches their requirements. You will be notified by email when your video is approved or rejected.
- If you get a message that says "www.VideoGenie.com is requesting access to your camera and microphone", click the "Allow" button.
- Make sure that another program (such as gchat, Skype, etc.) is not already accessing your webcam.
- If you don't see a picture in the record section, you may need to choose a different video source from the video dropdown in the "Record Video" window. If you still don't see a picture in the record section, try refreshing the page (and make sure you "allow" webcam access on the pop-up menu).
- Once you see a picture coming from your camera, click the "Record" button to start recording your video. You'll be able to review your video before submitting!
- If you're having trouble using webcam, you may want to make sure any firewall software you may have is allowing the connection to our server. If you're on a corporate or school network the connection may be blocked. You might want to check with your network administrator to find out what restrictions your network is under.
Some campaigns may offer the ability to upload a video. If you have trouble, please try the following:
- Uploaded videos should be no longer than 4 minutes, and under 80MB in size.
- Large files may take several minutes to upload, depending on the speed of your connection.
- Try converting your files to FLV -- this format presents the fewest compatibility issues. We support additional formats, but due to possible format/codec combinations, errors are more likely.
- If you still have a problem, please email the file to us. Include your name, and the name of the campaign/company you're submitting the file to. We will do our best to fix the issue and make sure your video is added! You can reach us at help@VideoGenie.com.
If you are still having problems please contact us at help@VideoGenie.com -- we'll get back to you as soon as we can!
The VideoGenie Team